Cookies for Kids’ Cancer
Mission Statement: Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a national 501(c)3 non-profit and is committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer — the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
Our Impact: Through the concept of local events and online cookie sales, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted over $17 million to date, funding 100 research projects that have led to 25 new treatments becoming available for children battling cancer today. The organization inspires individuals, organizations, and businesses to join in the fight against pediatric cancer by raising the funds for new, improved and less toxic treatments. Since Cookies for Kids’ Cancer launched in 2008, there have been more than 13,500 events in all 50 states and 24 countries. Grants are peer reviewed by a scientific advisory board of esteemed pediatric cancer oncologists, with funds going directly to the leading pediatric cancer institutions in the country.
Childhood Cancer Facts:
- Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
- 1 in 285 kids in the U.S. will be diagnosed by the time they are 20.
- Every day, 43 kids are diagnosed with cancer in the U.S.
- In the next 2 minutes somewhere in the world, a family will be told, “Your child has cancer.”
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget goes towards kids’ cancer.